Hide and Seek by Teresa Dean Smeigh 2015
“Ready or not here I come!”
There was silence all around Jenny. She looked around the trees and bushes around her by she didn’t see a bit of movement.
“Timmy, Tommy come out please.”
Silence. Where could they have gone?
She looked off into the distance where 2 huge rocks were standing out on the open fields next door. She saw a cowboy heading towards her.
“What are you boys doing?” the angry man asked.
Two little figures came out from behind the stones. “We’re sorry,” they squeaked.
Jenny ran towards them.
“I am sorry for the trouble they caused.”
“And you would be?”
“She’s our nanny,” Tommy said.
“Well Jenny, what do you think the punishment should be for trespassing?”
“Uhhh,” Jenny stammered. The boys hid behind her.
“I think Jenny should have dinner with me tonight.”
“I, uh,” she looked at the handsome cowboy.
“Go Jenny, we don’t want a spanking,” they chorused.
“What’s your name”
“The John Barker?”
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writer Challenge
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Tuesday.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button). If you need link-up instructions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.