The Watch – Sunday Photo Fiction’s Prompt

An Intricate Looking Writst Watch

sunday photo fictionClick photo to go to prompt page

______________________________________________

The Watch

Written by

Teresa Dean Smeigh copyright August 2015

The watch was different. intriguing to the two boys. They snuck it out of Ronald’s mom’s bedroom while she was showering and then out of the house to inspect it further without being seen. They sat down on the curb and began exploring it. They had never seen anything like it.

“Whose watch was it?” asked Benjie. “Is it old?”

“My great grandfather Ronald’s. The one I was named after. Maybe Ma will give it to me. I am the oldest. You can see the gears and everything inside of it,” Ronald bragged.

“Ronald? Hey Ronald! Have you seen your great grandfather’s watch?” his mom shouted from her bedroom window. “I can’t find it where I left it on the chest of drawers. I have looked several times.”

“Uh no, Ma!”

“I hope your little brothers didn’t get a hold of it. It could be anywhere by now.”

Ronald shoved it to Benjie and not paying attention it dropped out of his hand and straight down the storm drain.

This entry was posted in Fiction, Flash Fiction, Photo Prompts, Short Stories, Sunday Photo Fiction, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The Watch – Sunday Photo Fiction’s Prompt

1. Graham Lawrence says:

Nice twist! Well done.

2. Oh dear! Don’t worry – I won’t tell.

Rosey Pinkerton’s blog

!

3. angietrafford says:

What an enjoyable piece 🙂

4. Nice story with a great twist! Now they need to figure out how to get it out of the storm drain. 🙂

5. Francesca Smith says:

And so the adventure begins. Very good take on the picture.

6. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often and commented:
    The Watch by Teresa Dean Smeigh…

7. Yikes. Great story Teresa.

8. FLO says:

Good job!

9. Oh my! Now what a twist.

10. ldavismunro says:

Hi, I am new to your blog and love your writing voice so much! The Watch brought me right back to being a kid and that desperate feeling of almost being caught doing something I wasn’t supposed to be. I am looking forward to reading more of your writing.

Why thank you so much for the kind comments. I have this weeks prompts coming up soon. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your kind words. Makes my day.

11. Dave says:

See? Ronald. I knew that symbol meant it was a McWatch!

12. afairymind says:

Oh dear! I wonder whether he’ll manage to get it out of the storm drain, or if he doesn’t, whether he’ll ever admit to being the one who took it! A nicely written story. 🙂

Thank you. I have all these bits of stories and you wonder where you would take them. I have written serial stories using prompts before, but then I got myself all mixed up in one and stopped.