28th Challenge for
Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
The Scavenger Hunt
By Teresa Dean Smeigh
copyright August 2015
“Susan, you are going on a scavenger hunt. See those boots? When you are done counting to 200, you will go to the boots and pick up the trail.”
Susan closed her eyes and Danny took off towards the boots and around the curve.
“200, I’m coming!”
She ran to the boots and there was an arrow pointing down the trail. She went that way and came across Danny’s shirt with another arrow pointing straight ahead. She followed the trail to the next curve and found Danny’s shorts. The arrow on the shorts pointed down a dirt path and she started to follow that.
The shade of the trees was cool and she walked 100 feet or so into the woods. She spotted water glittering in the sun through the trees and a waterfall. She turned the last turn and found Danny standing under the waterfall. She hoped he had his boxers on, but they were laying on the ground.
“Come on in Susan the water is fine.”
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include the photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Tuesday.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button).