31st Challenge for
Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
Week of 09-15 through 09-22-2015
“Amazing Grace” is a beautiful girl. The town considers her touched.
Every day she hid in the woods besides the neighbor’s horse farm and wished to ride a horse. She was determined to ride one of those horses when the hand left.
Finally her chance came. The hand was called away to help deliver his wife’s baby.
Grace picked a horse. She knew how to saddle them as she watched the hand every day.
She put the saddle on the most beautiful horse and then climbed up. He tried to buck her off, but she talked to him until he calmed down and they took off across the field.
The hand heard the commotion. He noticed the missing horse. The roughest one of the bunch. Whoever took that horse was in for one hell of a ride.
Grace came riding excitedly up and stopped by the hand and climbed off. He realized the horse was calm and nuzzling her.
He didn’t have the heart to yell at her and she just made his job easier.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Tuesday.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button). If you need link-up instructions, please email me at email@example.com.
8. Remember, half the fun is reading and commenting on each other’s stories.