33rd Challenge for
Week of 09-29 through 10-05-2015
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Tuesday.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button). If you need link-up instructions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Remember, half the fun is reading and commenting on each other’s stories.
By Teresa Smeigh
Copyright September 2015
The weather had been threatening all day, but the Sanger twins wouldn’t listen to reason and took their sailboat out in the bay. The winds were strong and the sailboat took off at a good clip. Their friends looked on with dismay.
Danny was more headstrong than Sammy and he over-ruled their turning back. He was having a great time.
A storm was coming in, the winds began to blow harder and Danny was having trouble handling the boat. He tried to turn the boat and head back when the sail swung around and knocked Sammy in the head and overboard.
Danny tried to slow down the boat and circle back. He threw a life-saver out, but Sammy wasn’t moving.
By now the people on shore were aware of what happened and a motor boat roared out to where they were and they drug Sammy out of the water.
They were too late, there was no pulse and Sammy was dead. Danny was speechless as tears ran down his face.