Writing Prompt_the word is “blue”

The weekly prompt, where we give you one word and ask that you give it back to us, using the third definition, in a 33-333 word response.

BLUE (adjective
 3  a : low in spirits : melancholy
     b : marked by low spirits : depressing

One moment I am on top of the world

and the next I am feeling blue, blue, blue.

Such is the life when you have mood swings.

My doctor calls it Bipolar Disorder 2.

This entry was posted in Poems, Writing Prompts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Writing Prompt_the word is “blue”

Life is difficult with extreme highs and lows. Blue, it is…dark, dark blue.

2. vanhaydu says:

And that’s write. Write.

3. vivinfrance says:

You have all my sympathy – though of course eternal middle state can be boring!

4. This was awesome. It startled me so much I laughed, not because the content is funny, but in so few words you captured the feel of Bi-Polar.

5. kgwaite says:

Nicely said in so few words. Yes, keep writing!

6. trifectawriting says:

Thanks for linking up with Trifecta this week. I liked the singsong rhythm of this piece. It was, I thought, a great way to discuss a subject as difficult as mental illness can be. Very clever take on the prompt. Hope to see you back soon.

Thank you for reading and the great compliments. I was never much into poetry, but I am letting my “voice” go where it wants to go and lately that seems to be poetry. Right now I am on top of the world, dreading the day it begins to turn “blue” again.

7. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

8. Marie says:

In the racing world I worked in we called it going from hero to zero – and does it ever hurt when it’s sudden with no preemptive warnings.