Writing Prompt_the word is “blue”

The weekly prompt, where we give you one word and ask that you give it back to us, using the third definition, in a 33-333 word response.

BLUE (adjective
 3  a : low in spirits : melancholy
     b : marked by low spirits : depressing

One moment I am on top of the world

and the next I am feeling blue, blue, blue.

Such is the life when you have mood swings.

My doctor calls it Bipolar Disorder 2.

Teresa (Tessa) Smeigh at 60 plus is still going strong despite her disabilities affecting both physical and mental abilities. She has bipolar disorder (mental), Fibromyalgia (nerves), degenerative disc disease (spine), and arthritis (joints). Her new journey's include Diabetes controlled by insulin. She is also working on 2 fiction books (mysteries). The books will probably never be finished. She keeps her blog filled with useful content, occasional devotionals (She is a Christian), stories and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. She has also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. She is from Southern, NJ. Her family and blog keep her busy.
This entry was posted in Poems, Writing Prompts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Writing Prompt_the word is “blue”

Life is difficult with extreme highs and lows. Blue, it is…dark, dark blue.

2. vanhaydu says:

And that’s write. Write.

3. vivinfrance says:

You have all my sympathy – though of course eternal middle state can be boring!

4. This was awesome. It startled me so much I laughed, not because the content is funny, but in so few words you captured the feel of Bi-Polar.

5. kgwaite says:

Nicely said in so few words. Yes, keep writing!

6. trifectawriting says:

Thanks for linking up with Trifecta this week. I liked the singsong rhythm of this piece. It was, I thought, a great way to discuss a subject as difficult as mental illness can be. Very clever take on the prompt. Hope to see you back soon.

Thank you for reading and the great compliments. I was never much into poetry, but I am letting my “voice” go where it wants to go and lately that seems to be poetry. Right now I am on top of the world, dreading the day it begins to turn “blue” again.

7. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

8. Marie says:

In the racing world I worked in we called it going from hero to zero – and does it ever hurt when it’s sudden with no preemptive warnings.