With a Quack, Quack Here – Sunday Photo Fiction

sunday photo fictionducksPhoto by A Mixed Bag 2011

With a Quack, Quack Here

By Teresa Smeigh January 2016

We lived in a medium-sized home on the lake. We had a small beach out front. Ducks and their poop is messy. Who wants a messy beach. The kids however wanted ducks. The small fenced in section let them in and out of the small area we fenced off.

Eventually the ducks left and my kids were sad. We had friends with many home-grown ducklings and so we bought quite a few and closed up the lake end of the pen. They had beach and water.

I was afraid of them, cute as they were. My younger boy wanted to take them for show and tell. They had to be in a large box.

Finally he got a hold of one. We took a total of 4 of them and I was afraid they would get out of the box and into the car itself.

I had to take them home then. Uh oh.

We got them back in the box and I drove them home, drug the box down to their pen and just ripped it down the side and let them out. I was NOT touching those ducks.

Teresa (Tessa) Smeigh at 60 plus is still going strong despite her disabilities affecting both physical and mental abilities. She has bipolar disorder (mental), Fibromyalgia (nerves), degenerative disc disease (spine), and arthritis (joints). Her new journey's include Diabetes controlled by insulin. She is also working on 2 fiction books (mysteries). The books will probably never be finished. She keeps her blog filled with useful content, occasional devotionals (She is a Christian), stories and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. She has also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. She is from Southern, NJ. Her family and blog keep her busy.
This entry was posted in Non-Fiction, Photo Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to With a Quack, Quack Here – Sunday Photo Fiction

1. Ducks aren’t all they are quacked up to be. Good story 🙂

2. Meredith says:

Funny. They are probably afraid you too.

3. Graham Lawrence says:

Lovely tender story. Happy ducks make happy people!

4. Joy Pixley says:

Having a bunch of ducks loose inside a moving car sounds like a pretty reasonable fear to me! Not sure I’d want to touch them either.

5. mandibelle16 says:

Great story. I’m surprised the ducks let you take them for show and tell without much fuss. I don’t think ducks are bad but geese can be crazy. They went after my medium sized dog a few times when she got to close!

6. i b arora says:

nice post, liked it

7. Oh, what we moms do for our kids! Nice story!

8. luckyjc007 says:

That’s really going the extra mile considering how you felt about them. They are cute, but cute doesn’t always make you want to pick them up! I’m sure the children were happy though.