The Path

The Path

By Teresa Smeigh

She never chose the easy life  path.
She had to cut, hack out her swath.

She searched for her method of attack,
But knew she had to find a working tack.

There were days she got ahead,
But most were days she learned to dread.

Over and over she did the same things.
Hoping for success or that she would grow wings.

Wings would take her here and there.
She wouldn’t have to cut through anywhere.

My name is Tessa Dean and I am an author and blogger. My writing styles vary and I love writing using prompts. I am also writing my first book, a Memoir entitled "Government Property - A Memoir of a Military Wife".  This is being published on the blog rather than the traditional way. I am putting up chapters as I go along. I keep my blog filled with useful content, stories, and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. I have also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. I also wrote a series of articles on Bipolar Disorder for IBPF (International Bipolar Foundation). I am in my 60’s and disabled which allows me plenty of time to write to my heart’s content. I live in southern New Jersey and have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. My oldest grandchild is a Sargent in the United States Marine Corps.
This entry was posted in Fiction and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Path

1. deanabo says:

I enjoyed this!

2. Draug419 says:

If only we could take the crow’s way above all of those thick, nasty brambles and troubles (:

3. Bee says:

This resonates with me a lot — I can relate to the “she” in the poem. Nice!

4. Libby says:

I like her for not chosing the easy path 🙂 Nice poem!

5. kymminbarcelona says:

Oh those days you have to learn to dread!

At first thought, wings seem like the answer…but then it occured to me that troubles are everywhere. (A hawk could swoop down and end the journey.)

7. atrm61 says:

“Over and over she did the same things.
    Hoping for success or that she would grow wings.”Wonderful lines,loved this sweet poem,says so much about our daily struggles & humdrum life -& our wish to soar above it all,to attain freedom from drudgery:-)

8. kz says:

i admire that person for not taking the easy way….
    She never chose the easy life path.
    She had to cut, hack out her swath. —– ah but surely in the end, it’ll be more rewarding 🙂
    well done ^^