Velvet Verbosity is back and run by Tara Roberts/Tara R. – Still 100 words

velvet verbosity new pic

100 Word Challenge:

Word of the week is Idea

~~~~~~~~~~

Ideas and Secrets

By Teresa Smeigh

February 2016

I have an idea

Fleeting as can be.

Better hold on tight

Or it could be set free.

My ideas are infrequent

Catch them if you can.

I rarely speak them out loud

Have to think about the Man.

Secrets are much more fun,

If kept between one or two.

Need a best friend who cares,

One who likes secrets too.

Wanna know my secret?

I don’t frequently share.

I follow the Lord’s footsteps

and I feel comfortable there.

I follow in his footsteps

and let him lead the way,

Because he knows what

needs doing that very same day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules:

A link back to this post is greatly appreciated, and remember, everyone likes comments. Try to spread a little love to your fellow Wordsters.

This entry was posted in 100 Word Challenge, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Velvet Verbosity, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Velvet Verbosity is back and run by Tara Roberts/Tara R. – Still 100 words

1. melissa says:

Nice 100! My secret is…I love eating cheese its. I know, it’s silly. Just don’t tell my kids that is why there aren’t any left! 🙂

2. steph says:

Sweet rhyming scheme. I’m glad you shared your secret. And that you’re comfortable in those footsteps..

3. Thanks for such a positive post. I do believe, however, that your secret is not one in need of shelter. It can and should be freely shared. 🙂

You are right! I was just trying to figure out a way to say it. I have come out on my blog and it is full of daily devotions, gratitude posts and religious songs. I have written my feelings many times. That is the other blog actually.

4. reallygina says:

I love your secret, and feel the same way. My secret is that I love knowing someone’s secrets. I am a vault. Nothing you tell be gets out.

5. 2old2tap says:

A beautiful secret of the power of faith. I could hear your joy in the rhythm.

6. Ally says:

I like your secret. It’s much nicer than mine.

Love this.