Velvet Verbosity is back and run by Tara Roberts/Tara R. – Still 100 words

velvet verbosity new pic

100 Word Challenge:

Word of the week is Idea

~~~~~~~~~~

Ideas and Secrets

By Teresa Smeigh

February 2016

I have an idea

Fleeting as can be.

Better hold on tight

Or it could be set free.

My ideas are infrequent

Catch them if you can.

I rarely speak them out loud

Have to think about the Man.

Secrets are much more fun,

If kept between one or two.

Need a best friend who cares,

One who likes secrets too.

Wanna know my secret?

I don’t frequently share.

I follow the Lord’s footsteps

and I feel comfortable there.

I follow in his footsteps

and let him lead the way,

Because he knows what

needs doing that very same day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules:

A link back to this post is greatly appreciated, and remember, everyone likes comments. Try to spread a little love to your fellow Wordsters.

Teresa (Tessa) Smeigh at 60 plus is still going strong despite her disabilities affecting both physical and mental abilities. She has bipolar disorder (mental), Fibromyalgia (nerves), degenerative disc disease (spine), and arthritis (joints). Her new journey's include Diabetes controlled by insulin. She is also working on 2 fiction books (mysteries). The books will probably never be finished. She keeps her blog filled with useful content, occasional devotionals (She is a Christian), stories and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. She has also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. She is from Southern, NJ. Her family and blog keep her busy.
This entry was posted in 100 Word Challenge, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Velvet Verbosity, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Velvet Verbosity is back and run by Tara Roberts/Tara R. – Still 100 words

1. melissa says:

Nice 100! My secret is…I love eating cheese its. I know, it’s silly. Just don’t tell my kids that is why there aren’t any left! 🙂

2. steph says:

Sweet rhyming scheme. I’m glad you shared your secret. And that you’re comfortable in those footsteps..

3. Thanks for such a positive post. I do believe, however, that your secret is not one in need of shelter. It can and should be freely shared. 🙂

You are right! I was just trying to figure out a way to say it. I have come out on my blog and it is full of daily devotions, gratitude posts and religious songs. I have written my feelings many times. That is the other blog actually.

4. reallygina says:

I love your secret, and feel the same way. My secret is that I love knowing someone’s secrets. I am a vault. Nothing you tell be gets out.

5. 2old2tap says:

A beautiful secret of the power of faith. I could hear your joy in the rhythm.

6. Ally says:

I like your secret. It’s much nicer than mine.

Love this.