100 Word Challenge

Luck

By Teresa Smeigh February 2016

velvet verbosity new pic

Luck has nothing to do with Jesus.

His followers believe what he says

With all their hearts.

We do what we are bid and do it

cheerfully for that is what God wants

from all his followers.

We do what we are told and

luck of the draw is nothing,

as God has our life planned out.

If we go against God’s rules or

let our morality slip, God will

punish us for our sins.

We must learn to obey,

We must learn to trust,

and most of all we must learn

that God will take care of us all.

My name is Tessa Dean and I am an author and blogger. My writing styles vary and I love writing using prompts. I am also writing my first book, a Memoir entitled "Government Property - A Memoir of a Military Wife".  This is being published on the blog rather than the traditional way. I am putting up chapters as I go along. I keep my blog filled with useful content, stories, and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. I have also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. I also wrote a series of articles on Bipolar Disorder for IBPF (International Bipolar Foundation). I am in my 60’s and disabled which allows me plenty of time to write to my heart’s content. I live in southern New Jersey and have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. My oldest grandchild is a Sargent in the United States Marine Corps.
This entry was posted in 100 Word Challenge, Non-Fiction, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to With God there is no good luck, we are all treated how we deserve to be treated, according to God’s plans.

1. Tara R. says:

Luck really has nothing to do with it. This was very heartfelt. Nice job.

2. Izrael says:

They said that everything happens for a reason and god knows the reason so. And they said that god test his strongest soldiers as he knows their worth. 😊

3. melissa says:

I believe everything happens for a reason but sometimes it’s had to reconcile, especially when what’s happening isn’t necessarily a good thing. Wonderful 100!

4. barbara says:

Faith – trust – no room for luck. Agreed

5. 2old2tap says:

Well said. Faith is far stronger than luck.