It seemed merely seconds since Sarah had flipped down through the darkness. Whatever possessed her to blindly step into an unknown cabin? Where was she now?There was no sign of the cabin.
The clearing was familiar, but not quite the same. The trees were smaller, the overgrowth almost non-existent. It reminded her of the clearing that she, Saree and Serge had played in as children. Long before Saree’s death.
Her face and body were covered with cobwebs. She must have walked into them when she entered the cabin. She started to brush them off her body, stopped, confused. This couldn’t be! This was the body of a child!
“97, 98, 99, 100! Here I come ready or not!” Saree?
- 22,597 hits
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Weekly Writing Prompt #89
- One liner Wednesday – The Marines
- Three Word Wednesday 301 – Haiku
- RonovanWrites #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt #Challenge #148-Fast and Plain
- Colleen’s Weekly #Poetry Challenge – Clean and Sharp
- Share Your World – May 8th, 2017
- Nerd in the Brain – week end coffee share – graduation party with escort from VFW and Police
- Colleen’s Weekly #Poetry Challenge – Lead & Save
- Three Word Wednesday 530 – Shadorma
- Lost Friends! (Shadorma)
- Love! (Haiku)
- Nerd in the Brain – week end coffee share
- Haiku Horizons prompt “link” number 167
- The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Apr. 29/17 – yard
- Weekly Smile Week 69 – Grandson, boot camp and meritorious PFC promotion
- Colleen’s Weekly #Poetry Challenge # 31 – PEACE & TEAR
- Three Word Wednesday 529 – Shadorma
- Three Word Wednesday 528 – Shadorma
- Weekly Smile Week 64 – fixed my phone myself
Three Word Wednesday
The Light and Shade Challenge
Flash Fiction for Writers
Sunday Photo Fiction
100 Word Challenge