It seemed merely seconds since Sarah had flipped down through the darkness. Whatever possessed her to blindly step into an unknown cabin? Where was she now?There was no sign of the cabin.
The clearing was familiar, but not quite the same. The trees were smaller, the overgrowth almost non-existent. It reminded her of the clearing that she, Saree and Serge had played in as children. Long before Saree’s death.
Her face and body were covered with cobwebs. She must have walked into them when she entered the cabin. She started to brush them off her body, stopped, confused. This couldn’t be! This was the body of a child!
“97, 98, 99, 100! Here I come ready or not!” Saree?
- 23,015 hits
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS July 15/17
- My Savior (poetry)
- Weekly Writing Prompt #95
- Haiku Horizons prompt “mirror” number 174
- Three Word Wednesday 537 – Haiku
- 16th Birthday – prompt by Light and Shade Challenge – June 4, 2017
- One liner Wednesday – Wheelchair or Walk?
- Susie’s Toys – Friday Fictioneers May 31, 2017
- Weekly Smile Week 74 – Silver Sneakers
- 100 Word Challenge – Storm – May 31, 2017
- Weekly Smile Week 73 – free health membership at local gym
- Weekly Writing Prompt #89
- One liner Wednesday – The Marines
- Three Word Wednesday 301 – Haiku
- RonovanWrites #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt #Challenge #148-Fast and Plain
- Colleen’s Weekly #Poetry Challenge – Clean and Sharp
- Share Your World – May 8th, 2017
- Nerd in the Brain – week end coffee share – graduation party with escort from VFW and Police
- Colleen’s Weekly #Poetry Challenge – Lead & Save
Three Word Wednesday
The Light and Shade Challenge
Flash Fiction for Writers
Sunday Photo Fiction
100 Word Challenge