Growing Younger

“Sarah! Wake up, momma is going to be mad at us if we don’t clean up this kitchen!”

No this can’t be happening again, it can’t be!

She feels someone shake her and she reluctantly opens her eyes. Saree is staring at her. They are both younger than the last time I saw them.

“Momma?” Momma is dead! I am having one terrible nightmare.

“Momma said this kitchen better be cleaned up before she got home. Look at this mess. At least you helped finish the cookies before you went to sleep.” Yeah, sleep!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This piece is exactly 100 words.

This entry was posted in Friday Fictioneers, Short Stories, Writing Prompts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Growing Younger

Ok, so she went back farther this time?
    Looking forward to seeing how this resolves!

Yes she went further back this time. Still working on where this is going LOL! I even screwed up and missed part 4, it is there now. Don’t know what happened to it. Thank you for stopping by.

2. Brian Benoit says:

The confusion and frustration really come through – is she eventually going to have control of this and use it somehow I wonder? Cool concept, and well executed!

It’s interesting how she keeps going back in time. I’m curious how it all ties in to her future!

Janna I am curious too. I am not sure. Things tend to change as the prompts come in. And like Rochelle says characters tend to take off on their own and tell their story. I did try putting some info on paper last night to get a possible idea where to go. 🙂

4. Characters have a way of taking over and telling you the story, don’t they? Intriguing.

5. That does sound like a nightmare I’d rather not have!!

6. Izrael says:

I am intrigued to know what happened next. Did she had a bad nightmare of her mother passing away or did she went back in time?

The whole thing got messed up and I just separated the pieces into several smaller ones since they were written in bits and pieces. She was time traveling and I lost track and didn’t know where to go. Should have had a sort of outline.

• Izrael says:

I see i see! But it is an enjoyable read afterall! 🙂

Thank you I was enjoying writing it and then I realized that it was just getting turned all over the place and not making sense. It needs an outline of some time to figure it out and remember I was writing these by weekly prompts. Sometimes more than one per week. Makes it harder to follow a plan. I don’t know I might work on it again sometime. I have so much writing to do it isn’t funny right now. I love it though.