Why I write!

I write to keep my demons at bay

darkness descends, I long for day.

Putting my demons on the page

helps me lessen the terrible rage.

The rage within must not get out!

This entry was posted in Poems, Writing Prompts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Why I write!

Though it does get out, purified, in the writing.

2. Lucy says:

I can relate to that rage. Writing helps me keep it in check. Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to following you 🙂

Thank you for following me. I tried to leave a comment on yours and the captcha did me in. i gave up after about 10 times, which is more than I usually do. I usually give up after 2 tries. Thank you for following me. My rage definitely needs a different outlet so I don’t end up with another “vacation.” 🙂

3. Draug419 says:

I like this! It has a sort of mantra feel to it. I could imagine someone muttering it as they punch out their next 1,667 words for NaNoWriMo (:

Hmmmm a mantra, how nice, but I think you are right. Thank you! Maybe I should print it out and hang it in front of my computer with my fortune cookie which states: “You are far more talented than you think.” Thank you for stopping by!

It sounds like writing puts you in control of how your emotions are expressed. I think many of us see it that way as well 🙂 Good luck on NaNoWriMo!

Thank you Janna! Writing is one thing that helps keep me grounded. Usually! Life just became too much a few weeks ago and I needed an intervention. I am back on an even keel for the moment. I would like to complete NANOWRIMO one of these years or at least get closer.

5. It is good that the rage and demons do find some release.

6. vbholmes says:

By the time you finish NaNoWriMo you’ll have no room left for any emotions–Good luck!

7. Lumdog says:

Well, that sounds a little scary but it sounds like the writing helps. You gave us a stark, vivid poem.

8. timkeen40 says:

Let that rage out but in a controlled way. No one ever really dies on the pages.
    Tim

9. Izrael says:

I felt that writing is always the soul of oneself. It is the reflection of who we are as a person and how we perceived things in this world. Writing is such a powerful tool that empower one to be.

10. Susan Langer says:

We all let our demons out in different ways. Mine come out in my poetry. ;\