The Pregnancy (fiction)

The Pregnancy

Expanding belly, clothes too tight!

Stretchy pants, filling out just right!

Baby keeps moving all night long,

Leaving no doubt that he is strong.

Anticipation mounts, waiting for birth.

I hope soon, I have too much girth!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This entry was posted in Fiction, Poems, Writing Prompts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Pregnancy (fiction)

1. This is a cute anticipation.

2. sandra tyler says:

when I was pregnant with my first was one of the happiest years of my life. I couldn’t have been more content. Filled with that anticipation.

3. lumdog says:

It seems appropriate that birth and girth rhyme perfectly. Sweet poem for anticpation of a wonderful event.

4. Sweet subject matter, structure and rhyme!

5. Tara R. says:

Very cute. This brought back fond memories of my own pregnancies… a long time ago.

6. Annabelle says:

Your last stanza made me laugh; my sister is obsessed with exactly that herself.

Cute poem (love how you added ‘fiction’ to the title!)

8. Draug419 says:

lol This is delightful 😀 It made me giggle.

9. Kir Piccini says:

ah, yes, I remember. A wonderful Tribute to that last trimester. 🙂

10. Thanks for stopping by!