Cat Fiasco – Mostly Non-Fiction

Copyright-Scott L. Vannatter

Copyright-Scott L. Vannatter

Cat Fiasco

“Sheba, get off the table,” Jennifer said.

The feline just looked at her with disdain in her eyes and didn’t move.

Jennifer moved towards her and Sheba jumped down, still eyeing her with disdain.

As soon as Jennifer turned around Sheba was back on the table.

“Sheba, get down,” Jennifer said again before leaving the kitchen. She noticed the cat jump down out of the corner of her eye.

CRASH!!

Running back into the kitchen Jennifer finds Sheba sitting on the floor amid the bowl of cherries with 2 of them dangling out of her mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I indicated this is mostly non-fiction and I thought it was time for something funny not my usual gloomy stuff. My cat is Sara and she was on the bed when she stole my cherries. Looked cute  dangling from her mouth although I had to chase her to get them back.

This week’s photo comes from Scott Vannatter

This entry was posted in Fiction, Friday Fictioneers, Non-Fiction, Short Stories, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Cat Fiasco – Mostly Non-Fiction

1. dmmacilroy says:

Dear Tessa,

Do cats like cherries? Loved your tale of cat and catastrophe.

Aloha,

Doug

She wasn’t looking to eat them most likely….they were balls to her and she wanted to play with them, however, she wasn’t playing with my “cherries.” 🙂

2. Tessa, you slipped in when I thought I’d read all the stories. You’re almost as sneaky as your cat. I could just see this happening.

Hope your Christmas is filled with joy and free of catastrophies. 🙂

3. I’ve had cats all my life and none of them took an interest in cherries…so I think you’re correct in saying that Sheba saw them as small marbles and wanted to play. Next time I buy cherries, I will roll a few toward her…and see what happens. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

4. tedstrutz says:

That cat in the photo just looks like the troublemaker in your story. I’ll bet that was a sight to see… good one.

5. Trying to make a cat behave is a little like trying to nail Jello to a tree. Such mischief makers and then they stare and dare you to do anything about it. Good job, Tessa.
    shalom,
    Rochelle

Thank you Rochelle! She is very bad at times. I kick her off the bed everyday for biting my feet and she does it every night, over and over. Thank you for stopping by.

6. Sandra says:

Nice one. Thank goodness it was just the cherries; if my female cat had been willing to risk my wrath it would have had to involve a bigger payback, but then she was a calculating little minx. Glad you managed to slip in under the wire at the end…

Thank you Sandra. She has torn holes in my grandchildren’s photos, important papers, and stole my med bottles. Pain in the butt. Adorable, but……………..:-)

7. wmqcolby says:

My friends had a cat named Sheba. Great name for a cat anyway. You did fine. Have a Merry Christmas!

Thank you! Her full name was Queen Sheba. He attitude was much different than this current feline. This one is Sara and she knows she is the queen no matter what I call her. Happy New Year!

8. rich says:

another bastard cat! how dare they! cherried? never knew cats would eat those. always something new. well done, and thanks.

Thanks Rich! She didn’t actually get a chance to eat them. I snatched them back. I don’ t know if she would eat them or not. She is not fond of human food. just likes to knock it around.

Ah, cats know nothing of boundaries. Our countertops are their countertops 🙂 I can believe this – they see anything as a toy!

Yes Janna, no boundaries. No many how many times I say no and knock her off. Just found out she and I were sharing a glass of water. Ugh! she loves to run off with my pill bottles.

10. Parul says:

Cats! Wonder what she thought of the cherries.
    Nice one!