The Holidays!

The Holidays!

I hate the crowded stores,
not knowing what to buy.

I hate the hustle and bustle,
people pushing as they go by.

Christmas Eve is our special night,
Family gathered all close nearby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Tessa Dean and I am an author and blogger. My writing styles vary and I love writing using prompts. I am also writing my first book, a Memoir entitled "Government Property - A Memoir of a Military Wife".  This is being published on the blog rather than the traditional way. I am putting up chapters as I go along. I keep my blog filled with useful content, stories, and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. I have also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. I also wrote a series of articles on Bipolar Disorder for IBPF (International Bipolar Foundation). I am in my 60’s and disabled which allows me plenty of time to write to my heart’s content. I live in southern New Jersey and have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. My oldest grandchild is a Sargent in the United States Marine Corps.
This entry was posted in Non-Fiction, Writing Prompts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Holidays!

1. Lumdog says:

I read your comment on my piece. I get what you are saying exactly. The shopping part is awful. But close family is the BEST! I think you expressed the holiday paradox perfectly.

2. nrhatch says:

Next year . . . have a shopping strike. And just gather everyone together for games, movies, laughs, fun, and food.

3. deanabo says:

My thoughts exactly.

4. Draug419 says:

Snuggling with family is definitely better than pushing with strangers (:

Agree on all three counts…our family gets together tomorrow. Have a merry Christmas!

Hope you had a great time. Ours had a little tension, one set of cousins doesn’t get along well with the other 2 sets. but we made it through in one piece. Happy New Year!