Shut up Puleeze!

Shut up Puleeze!

The noise is tremendous. Hard to imagine 3 little kids can make this much noise. I yell at them to be quiet, but they don’t listen. I yell shut up and receive no more response than before.

I long for the soundless evenings when their father is here and all it takes is a look and they all shut up promptly.

Daddy’s home!” I yell into the din.

All 3 kids immediately shut up and run to the door. It opens and they hug him.

Have you been good girls for mommy?”

Yes, daddy, just like everyday.”

This entry was posted in 100 Word Challenge, Fiction, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Shut up Puleeze!

1. deanabo says:

I know those days well!

It always annoyed me that they listened to him with barely a murmur and I could scream til the cows came home. But then we did that to my mom as well LOL!

2. barbara says:

I remember those days. 🙂 Nice take on the prompt

Oh if we were too awful, my mom’s threat was ‘wait ’til your dad gets home’. It was an anxious wait, but not in a good way 🙂

Same here Janna, same here. All my dad had to do was snap his fingers and we snapped to attention, sat down and clasped our hands together and shut up. 🙂

4. Ah yes. I remember how much more “respect” I gave to my father than my mother. The sad reality is that I knew my father had more physical capability to follow through than my mother. Not that my father needed to, that was the beauty of his authority of course.

Same here. There is something about the male voice and authority. He snapped his fingers and we all stopped whatever we were doing and sat down, shutup and put our hands in our laps while our cousins continued running around. Thank you for stopping by!