The Decision

Copyright-Renee Homan Heath

Copyright-Renee Homan Heath

The Decision

Warm, balmy breezes blow over my face as I sit there on the sand and stare at the ocean looking for the answer and the strength to make that decision.

He will be here soon. If I am sitting with my back to the boardwalk, he is just to walk away. I don’t want a goodbye scene.

Do I love him? Enough? Enough to give up everything here I have ever known?

I hear him call my name softly, I pause briefly, and just as he is turning away to leave I sprint across the beach and into his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This entry was posted in 100 Word Challenge, Fiction, Friday Fictioneers, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to The Decision

1. kz says:

it’s a great story that i bet a lot of people can relate to ^^

2. Awwww…a love story 🙂 Nice change of pace.

3. rich says:

this line: ” If I am sitting with my back to the boardwalk, he is just to walk away.”

so this was told to him ahead of time? if you have your back to the boardwalk, he just leaves? just making sure.

4. I understood the situation. Did she make too hasty a decision? I guess we may never know!
    Good job!
    Scott
    Mine: http://kindredspirit23.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/friday-fictioneers-walkway-to-wonder-genre-sci-fi/

5. Sandra says:

That’s the way I read it Rich. I’m pleased she changed her mind, though I think I’d rather have it in words if someone wants to dump me. Nicely done, unusual.

6. muZer says:

Always like happy endings and am glad she made the decision to be with him. She can probably change his mind some day and come back here again! 🙂

7. That was nice ending. Some people can’t make up their minds until the last minute. 🙂

8. Love sun and sand with a blissful end. Romantic and sweet. Lovely

9. I’m glad she changed her mind to. Security is nice but life is for the living and true love doesn’t happen every day you know.

10. tedstrutz says:

So, was she testing him to see if he would do as she said if she had her back to him… just give up? Will they be happy? Interesting story, Tessa.

Thank you! No she wasn’t testing him, she was a coward pure and simple. I don’t know if they will be happy. Some people aren’t meant to be in some places pure and simple. I am not a city gal, if that was my only choice I don’t know what I would do.

11. Hi Tessa,
    Decisions can be so stressful. You did a good job of laying out your character’s equivocation. Ron

The romantic in me is happy she made the choice for love. Just hope she doesn’t lose herself in that decision.

As I mentioned above just a few minutes ago. I am not a city gal at all. They frighten me. I don’t know what I would do if that was the only choice I was given. I followed my husband while he was in the Marines, but it was all USA and no big cities. I am less than 15 minutes from Philly, but you won’t find me driving there or NY. Or quite a few others. 🙂

13. writelindy says:

I had to comment on this as my best friend is also named Tessa and this story reminds me so much of something she would write. It is a lovely romantic tale. Well done.

14. Joe Owens says:

hallmark may be calling you. This seems like the kind of ending they like for their movies. I’ll bet you have a pre-story in mind that could fit the bill. Very nice tension as she makes up her mind.

15. I like a happy ending.

16. deanabo says:

Love makes you do crazy things. Great writing!

17. Guess she made her decision after all. Nice job.

18. Sunshine says:

at least this lovely story happened at the beach…and she ended up in his arms. i love that part. ❤

19. Pingback: FABS #5 – Five Awesome Blog Scribbles – Mars Gone Mad