The Crash

The Crash

I sit quietly reading in the shady area deep in the back yard. I vaguely hear a loud crash of metal on metal, but continue reading. I am more interested in my book than all the noise and yelling coming from the front yard.

I become aware someone has come around to the back yard. I realize it is Mrs. King from next door. I can barely recognize her with the tears running down her face.

She runs to me and grabs me in a hug and cries out, “Oh you poor orphan! You must come with me now.”

This entry was posted in 100 Word Challenge, Fiction, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Crash

Didn’t see that coming!
    Keep pushing the words out.

I was so happy to see a post from you – didn’t realize it had been so long! Keep going 🙂

That would be so disorienting to be interrupted from a read with those words! (I know how engrossed one can get in a book… if I’m into one the kids have to try really hard to get my attention 🙂 )

3. jonsnow31 says:

It is an amazing start for a book. I actually felt like I was reading one. You should keep going, take your time.

4. Kir Piccini says:

I love that your words are back. So good! Keep pushing, keep writing, your words are safe here with us.
    (So glad to see you in my email! )

5. barbara says:

Welcome back, Tessa. I hope you will continue to hone your craft.

Thank you Barbara! I am trying. Nothing in my mind at the moment. I am looking at all the prompts and reading some of the others seeing if it stirs something into a piece.