The Crash

The Crash

I sit quietly reading in the shady area deep in the back yard. I vaguely hear a loud crash of metal on metal, but continue reading. I am more interested in my book than all the noise and yelling coming from the front yard.

I become aware someone has come around to the back yard. I realize it is Mrs. King from next door. I can barely recognize her with the tears running down her face.

She runs to me and grabs me in a hug and cries out, “Oh you poor orphan! You must come with me now.”

Teresa (Tessa) Smeigh at 60 plus is still going strong despite her disabilities affecting both physical and mental abilities. She has bipolar disorder (mental), Fibromyalgia (nerves), degenerative disc disease (spine), and arthritis (joints). Her new journey's include Diabetes controlled by insulin. She is also working on 2 fiction books (mysteries). The books will probably never be finished. She keeps her blog filled with useful content, occasional devotionals (She is a Christian), stories and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. She has also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. She is from Southern, NJ. Her family and blog keep her busy.
This entry was posted in 100 Word Challenge, Fiction, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Crash

Didn’t see that coming!
    Keep pushing the words out.

I was so happy to see a post from you – didn’t realize it had been so long! Keep going 🙂

That would be so disorienting to be interrupted from a read with those words! (I know how engrossed one can get in a book… if I’m into one the kids have to try really hard to get my attention 🙂 )

3. jonsnow31 says:

It is an amazing start for a book. I actually felt like I was reading one. You should keep going, take your time.

4. Kir Piccini says:

I love that your words are back. So good! Keep pushing, keep writing, your words are safe here with us.
    (So glad to see you in my email! )

5. barbara says:

Welcome back, Tessa. I hope you will continue to hone your craft.

Thank you Barbara! I am trying. Nothing in my mind at the moment. I am looking at all the prompts and reading some of the others seeing if it stirs something into a piece.