The Sword Fight

The Sword Fight

They all waited with bated breath, their swords at the ready, for the command, “Charge!

Charge! Now!”

They all rushed into the war of the century.

Everyone lost as their swords of cardboard bent on contact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Tessa Dean and I am an author and blogger. My writing styles vary and I love writing using prompts. I am also writing my first book, a Memoir entitled "Government Property - A Memoir of a Military Wife".  This is being published on the blog rather than the traditional way. I am putting up chapters as I go along. I keep my blog filled with useful content, stories, and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. I have also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. I also wrote a series of articles on Bipolar Disorder for IBPF (International Bipolar Foundation). I am in my 60’s and disabled which allows me plenty of time to write to my heart’s content. I live in southern New Jersey and have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. My oldest grandchild is a Sargent in the United States Marine Corps.
This entry was posted in Bipolar Disorder, Fiction, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Sword Fight

1. Draug419 says:

hahaha awww this is great (:

Brilliant! Excellent response to the challenge.

Glad to see you have a response this weekend! I had to chuckle at the cardboard swords. Playing war has fascinated many a young boy.

I finally felt the tickle of the muse. I wrote 2 yesterday. I used to play war on paper not in real life, too much of a girlie girl for that. 🙂

4. Always great to see you in our linkz. Thanks for linking up. I liked this one a lot!

5. Dana says:

So fun and sweet!!! Makes me almost miss the makeshift sword battles with my “baby boy” … he always won. 😉

6. atrm61 says:

Aw,this is so cute-kids & their role playing,love it:-)

7. Izrael says:

I love the imagination of children. They are such a special snowflake. 🙂