Ouija

Ouija

My sister, Myra, is always getting me in some kind of trouble with my friends. Today she promised all of us she would use the Ouija board to give us “readings from beyond.”

How bad could that be? Sounded like fun to me.

We gathered at the arranged time, Myra, my 3 friends and I. The board was already set up. Myra sat there, the queen of drama.

Myra instructed us to put out hands lightly and touch the planchette. No pushing allowed. She would be the guide.

She went into some kind of ecstasy, a trance of sorts, and the planchette began to move. “I know what you did,” it spelled out. An intake of breath from all of us including Myra.

“You will be punished,” came next from the planchette.

We didn’t wait any longer and pushed away from the table and ran screaming.

No one heard Myra laughing and then gasp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Tessa Dean and I am an author and blogger. My writing styles vary and I love writing using prompts. I am also writing my first book, a Memoir entitled "Government Property - A Memoir of a Military Wife".  This is being published on the blog rather than the traditional way. I am putting up chapters as I go along. I keep my blog filled with useful content, stories, and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. I have also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. I also wrote a series of articles on Bipolar Disorder for IBPF (International Bipolar Foundation). I am in my 60’s and disabled which allows me plenty of time to write to my heart’s content. I live in southern New Jersey and have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. My oldest grandchild is a Sargent in the United States Marine Corps.
This entry was posted in Fiction, Short Stories, Writing Prompts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Ouija

1. Draug419 says:

Whoa nice little twist there at the end ;D

2. Linda Vernon says:

Chilling ending. I’d run away screaming too! 😀

3. Brian Benoit says:

Interesting! Especially that they all gasped – what did they do, I wonder? And what happened to Myra? Love the mystery

4. Looks like karma is coming for Myra. Shouldn’t have messed with the underworld.

I believe in the paranormal. MY mom and dad took our Ouija board away. That we weren’t bringing evil spirits into the house. Some of my stories are built on my paranormal experiences.

5. Maggie says:

Creepy! I’ve always just laughed at Ouija boards for being dumb but there’s still an element to them that scares me. I liked this.

6. Can’t wait to hear more about this group!

Ouija boards have always scared me- no way would I go anywhere near one or touch one. Yeah, I’d run away screaming, too 🙂

Janna we had a board. Something happened. It was taken away from us. My parents said we were not bringing any more evil into that house. We believe in the paranormal. See, hear and feel. Something was already there. Lots of my stories may seem like fiction, but are either true or based on a memory. Thanks for stopping by.

8. Laughing… then gasp. Great ending.

9. That gasp says it all… chilling

10. KymmInBarcelona says:

Oh, poor Myra!

11. Myra should know better. The Ouija makes its own rules. Loved the gasp at the end!

12. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on DREAM BIG DREAM OFTEN and commented:
    Tessa has another page called Finally a Writer!!