Pushed Too Far
by Teresa Smeigh
The phone was frustratingly quiet. Josie was so tired of John’s hackneyed excuses as to why he couldn’t call or see her.
She understood he had to work. Who didn’t?
What annoyed her to no end was when he used his wife as his excuse, or he had to walk the dog, or go away to visit his daughters. Damn him! She was all that counted in this world!
He had ordered her to never, under any circumstances, call him. She could email him. Otherwise she was to wait for him to call. Yeah right!
She picked up the phone.
- 25,482 hits
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 9 year anniversary on WordPress – this was my first site
- Well I kind of hit the wall when it comes to posting everything to 3 blogs – all creative writing is now on www.tessadeanauthor.com
- Colleen’s 2020 Weekly Poetry Challenge #181 6/10/2020 #Haiku
- New Author’s Blog – tessadeanauthor.com
- The Blue Bird of Happiness – (non-fiction story)
- Thursday photo prompt: Veiled #writephoto
- Midnight Hours – a poem
- I am adopting a pen name for my writing.
- A Mother’s Love – Poem
- Fathers and Daughters…Non-fiction
- Kicked out of Class (non-fiction)
- Added Chapters to my book (Government Property – a Memoir of a Military Wife)
- Missing Mom on her Birthday (in Heaven)
- RonovanWrites #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt #Challenge #85 Tight&Warm
- RonovanWrites #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt #Challenge #76 Sing&Day
- Haiku – for Halloween
- Secret Nights – Haiku
- Trick or Treat – poem
- The Doll of Horror – Flash Fiction Challenge
- The Heart of the Family – Haiku