RonovanWrites #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt #Challenge #74 Cake&Wolf

ronovan-writes-haiku-challenge-shadow

RonovanWrites #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt #Challenge #74 Cake&Wolf

birthday-cake-757102_1920

Ignore the candles, they weren’t lit.

______________________________

The Cake by Teresa Smeigh

The cake on counter

Thought it safe from dog while gone.

He wolfed it down quickly.

My name is Tessa Dean and I am an author and blogger. My writing styles vary and I love writing using prompts. I am also writing my first book, a Memoir entitled "Government Property - A Memoir of a Military Wife".  This is being published on the blog rather than the traditional way. I am putting up chapters as I go along. I keep my blog filled with useful content, stories, and poems. Plenty to keep you busy. I have also been interviewed by blogs and had other posts published on many different blogs. I also wrote a series of articles on Bipolar Disorder for IBPF (International Bipolar Foundation). I am in my 60’s and disabled which allows me plenty of time to write to my heart’s content. I live in southern New Jersey and have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. My oldest grandchild is a Sargent in the United States Marine Corps.
This entry was posted in Haiku, Non-Fiction, Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge, Writing Prompts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to RonovanWrites #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt #Challenge #74 Cake&Wolf

1. Meredith says:

My Nick would as well. He is a wolf when it come to food!

2. Annette Rochelle Aben says:

Ah yes, safe from me but not the dog. Cute haiku,

3. Geetha B says:

Good for him! Sweet Haiku

4. Ronovan says:

Reblogged this on ronovanwrites and commented:
    The Cake by our friend Tessa. A bit of play on words here in addition to prompt usage. Click through to like on her post. @TeresaSmeigh

5. Pingback: The Cake by @TeresaSmeigh | ronovanwrites

6. great poem and so true of dogs!

7. Deanie Humphrys-Dunne says:

Our dog loves everything! We had one dog who ate a frozen bagel! He couldn’t chew it so he swallowed it whole! His cheeks looked like a chipmunk getting ready for winter!

8. Deanie Humphrys-Dunne says:

I can sympathize Tessa. The dog we have now ate two brownies he stole from our son’s backpack. He got really sick from the chocolate, but he recovered. It’s scary when they get into things!

9. Tom Gould says:

That’s really good. The twist is clever as well.

10. jazzytower says:

He must have been one sweet mess.:) Nice one.

11. Pingback: RonovanWrites 74th #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Review | ronovanwrites

12. beckyg says:

awww,, dogs can be sneaky and clever!